Title: Data Engagement Manager
Location: London; Hybrid-style working & flexible working conditions
Hours: Full Time
Responsible to: Director of Data and Technology
Human trafficking and modern slavery affect over 50 million people globally. It is the second fastest-growing crime in the world and happens in every country.
Despite the scale at which trafficking happens, there are huge data gaps in what we know about the routes and hotspots of trafficking and how it manifests globally. We need to act urgently to change this. Put simply, if we can’t see it, we can’t stop it.
This role will play an intrinsic and leading role in gathering lived experience narratives through trusted relationships with NGOs and those with lived experience. This role will hold responsibility for ingesting the gathered data into a secure, anonymised, and global data-sharing platform so that global actors can use the data points to disrupt trafficking at scale.
- Engaging NGOs in sharing data through regular workshops and training in an established ‘Power of 10’ framework.
- Supporting NGOs from initial communications through to long-term data sharing, including advising on GDPR, data sharing best practices and the benefits of data sharing for NGOs.
- Supporting the gathering of human trafficking lived experience stories and ensure they are securely shared into the Traffik Analysis Hub – https://www.traffikanalysis.org/
- Working with NGOs to drive change and impact through the use of data and insight, through analysis and partnership.
- Ensuring data quality, by checking the information supplied, and loading into Traffik Analysis Hub using python code.
- Supporting businesses in secure data gathering and sharing into the Traffik Analysis Hub.
- Creating materials to engage those with lived experience and NGOs to inspire and support their data collection efforts.
- Identifying NGOs who would benefit from participating in the Traffik Analysis hub and work with them on the sign-up process.
- Partaking in monthly analyst calls with the Traffik Analysis Hub to report on data gathered, shared, and used.
- A friendly, supportive team
- Opportunity to work on an essential, high-profile global issue
- Opportunity to work directly with global brands and experts around the world
- Hybrid-style working and flexible working approach
- Conveniently based Central London office
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life insurance
- An annual leave allowance of 28 days (plus bank holidays), rising to 1 day every year up to 33 days
- Access to a Cycle to Work scheme
- Access to high quality health care cash plan
- Season ticket loan
- Ability to trade 2 bank holidays for other days that suit you better
- Employment policies which reflect the needs of our staff
- Encouragement and autonomy to present new ideas and lead on solutions
- In-house and external training opportunities
Further details about STOP THE TRAFFIK can be found on website www.stopthetraffik.org.
If you have the relevant experience, are highly resourceful, adaptable, and able to work in a busy and fast-paced environment, please contact send in a CV and cover letter that evidences your ability to be successful in this role. Please email to [email protected].
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, minority and underrepresented groups. If you require any assistance to overcome potential barriers, please let us know.
Applicants must be able to prove their right to work in the UK. We cannot sponsor employees or assist with work visas at this time.
Data Engagement Project Manager Job Description (PDF)